The district headquarter is situated in Ambala City. It is famous for its army cantonment, air force base and railway junction. Ambala district is now famous for its industries especially that of scientific instruments, metal casting and kitchen mixer grinders.
- Bhawani Amba Temple, named after the goddess Bhawani.
- Kali Mata Mandir
- The Badshahi Bag Gurdwara
- Sis Ganj Gurdwara
- Manji Sahib Gurdwara and , Sangat Sahib Gurdwara
- Popular Muslim shrines of Lakhi Shah and Taqwal Shah
- Saint Paul's Church and an old British Christian cemetery.
- Patel Park in Ambala Cantt & City Park in Ambala City are two beautiful gardens.
How To Get There
Air : The city is served by Ambala Airport.
Rail: The Shatabdi Express connects Ambala to New Delhi. Besides, there are frequent trains to Chandigarh.
Road : Ambala is connected by road with Delhi and Amritsar